Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
While I have a good understanding of digital product implementation and delivery, my passion lies in connecting the Club with fans and working with great people to do this.
Innovation, product delivery, user design and experience, deliver what the fans need (off the pitch!). The Club benefits through commercial benefits, brand awareness, engagement or just a fun factor!
As a communicative, hardworking and enthusiastic individual, I deliver Product through agile development and responsibilities, delivering to deadlines and working through problems to find realistic solutions.
I pride myself on leading by example. I like to get stuck in, using the data, tools and team skills available to do great things!
Manchester City FC
to April 2013
- Delivery of high quality, branded websites (including the award winning mcfc.co.uk website), mobile apps (including the award winning iPhone app) and social experiences, supporting the Club's global ambitions and bringing fans closer together to share their passion for City digitally. (Please see detailed description for list of publicly launched projects.)
- Communicate to board and stakeholders strategy, development and progress on projects.
- Prioritise projects and products in line with business needs and seasonal dependancies, ensuring projects are scheduled appropriately and taking into account any new/short notice projects.
- Report to Senior Leadership Team on Club statistics, interpreting the nuances of traffic through our various properties - mobile, online, apps.
- Recruitment of Digital Media Executives and Digital Delivery Managers.
- Management and mentoring of team members.
- Managing invoicing, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Liaising with Legal department for contracts, NDA and supplier agreements.
- Training of new staff on Content Management System and Google Analytics including the importance of thinking about audience to promote good SEO.
- Application of data protection, ethical data collection and storage. Knowledge of some international data laws.
- Mobile development, app submissions and commerce (Android and iOS) including statistical tracking and pricing.
- Promoted MCFC digital successes at various events. Speaking at Garnter, Internet Week, various Sitecore events and Travel and Tourism North West bout our experience in digital.
- December 2011 (and following year) - Santa Stroll website
Using free tools I created a charity website to sell Santa costumes for the Club charity Santa Stroll event. This involved creation of the site, paypal accounts and verification and reporting for CITC.
- April 2013 - FAQ website
Branded Salesforce website for FAQ's around the Club's services.
- August 2009 - Live streaming of Preseason Tour matches
Working with CDN, player provider and developer to create a live stream from South Africa.
- February 2010 - Relaunch of Arabic website
This site consisted of a flipped design to accommodate right to left language and modified to cope with local font and character difference. I was actively involved in the hiring of the Arabic Media Executive.
- June 2012 - Revamp of Membership section
Modifying templates and content to support marketing activity around Memberships.
- July 2009 - Relaunch mcfc.co.uk
Rebranded with new Content Management System, social integration, free VOD, integrated shop, ticketing, registration.
Also available in Arabic. As project lead for Manchester City and working with third-party suppliers I effectively delivered the now award-winning mcfc.co.uk website. We used an agile methodology and completed the build within 6 months, delivered 6 hours late, however, hitting the 1st July deadline. During this time I also maintained my day to day duties as New Media Manager.
- November 2011 - E-Programme and Magazine Apps
Creation of mobile apps (iPhone and Android) to deliver Club publications to fans. Submission and set up of statistics to track usage.
- February 2010 - Launch iPhone app
Tactile design built to make the most of the iPhone capability. News, player information, match, fixtures feed created from the CMS to feed the app therefore reducing input from the content team. The app included fun features such as compass that points to the Etihad Stadium. The app was developed with fan and the documented on the cityapp blog which was jointly run by the developer and myself.
- January 2012 - Auction website
Creation of an Auction website for fans to use their loyalty credits to bid on 'money can't buy experiences' and merchandise. Integration of sign in procedures and two kinds of auctions.
- June 2010 - Ticketing integration
Ticketing website was integrated into the mcfc.co.uk website, creation of "single basket" with the ability to buy merchandise alongside a ticket.
This included a highly graphical representation of the stadium and 180 panoramic views from the different blocks.
- September 2012 - CityKicks rollout
Supported the rollout of the CityKicks kids website and code review following 'cowboy coders' implementation. The code was largely rewritten and new test plans implemented to ensure the site was secure and more efficient to maintain.
- July 2010 - facilitate Kitbag website
Acted as Club lead on the online shop branding.
- October 2011 - Hospitality section launch
Integrating a hospitality website into the main mcfc.co.uk website. Worked with third party to create hospitality selection filters, integrated video player, floor plans and display conferencing capabilities. Also worked on line bookings for hospitality, due to go live following testing and process review.
- July 2010 - Launch mcfc.com
Club website with US specific content. This was done following the acquisition of the mcfc.com domain from a known 'cyber squatter' via ICANN.
- November 2011 - Mobile website
Using feeds from the CMS and working with a third party, the mobile site was launched to ensure delivery across all mobile platforms until additional apps could be built.
- September 2010 - Be Part of It FanMap
Google map allowing fans to pin themselves onto it to show where in the world they follow the Club. Worked with third part supplier to ensure consistency of brand, high code quality and testing was completed.
- December 2011 - Fan Map AR
Using a junaio channel app on mobile devices, and the Fan Map data collected, users could view which City fans were nearby. A feed was used to display via the camera facility on mobile devices and tablets.
- March 2011 - School of Football (v1)
Creation of online School of Football portal for franchisees. This would allow franchisees and their customers, to book soccer schools online. While the management for the franchisees was there, online booking was difficult due to various merchant issues.
- June 2012 - Lift the League Cup
Creation of an Augmented reality experience allowing the user to virtually lift the Premier League Cup.
- June 2011 - Membership section development
Creation of new templates for Memberships programme on mcfc.co.uk.
Also included development of a configurator for fans to select and build the type of membership they require. This had a short turn around due to late sign off and as such the wire frames and various assets I created myself to help create a more simple user journey for the fans.
- June 2012 - China website launch
Creation of Chinese website within two week time frame to support the pre season tour in China and Hong Kong. This also included the acquisition of the .cn domain which was brought into question and resolved days prior to go live.
- May 2011 - Lift the FA Cup
Creation of an Augmented Reality experience allowing the user to virtually lift the FA Cup. worked with third party supplier to create a desktop experience where the user could hold up a printed marker, the cup would appear and they could take a photograph and share with their friends.
- December 2012 - Velocity Website
Creation, in house, of a charity website to promote the Club charity cycling event.
Premier League Football team based in the North West of England.